Wednesday, June 1, 2011

New Mix! Counterpoint: Dancing on the Ceiling Live Set...

   Happy Wednesday everyone! I hope you enjoyed this beautiful long holiday weekend we just had.

   I know I sure did! Not only were there awesome cookouts and celebrations in the gorgeous sunshine (finally!), but Saturday night was Space Cadet's debut show @ Tavern at the End of the World!
 
   WARNING: (The following comments come straight from the "DJ's Guide to Believable Excuses" and should be taken with several grains of salt...and/or pepper) The show had it's fair share of starting issues, (which I'm sure is not completely unusual) such as my mixer and the sound system not playing nicely with one another (wrong connections), have to use an unfamiliar mixer, and my 10pm set starting at a more casual 5 mins. to 11.  The mixer thing kinda threw me off for the first couple tracks, but I soon got the hang of it (though I felt like I was mixing with my hands on backwards which made for some, "ehhh" transitions.) The main thing that kinda sucked about not using my mixer was that I couldn't record the set live like I had planed to. I was a kinda relieved not to have my set recorded, but I was a bit unhappy to not be able to hear Turbo Riedlinger's dope dubstep set & Dick Winter's nasty as usual liquid drum & bass mix again (Mt. Winters spun almost every single song that I had cut from my set list. So I was super excited with his set.)

   But all in all, it was a fantastic night! I had so much fun up there, and was pleased as pie to glance up every now and again to see people rockin' out to my favorite tunes and mash-ups.
   So the bright side of not having my mixer was that I couldn't record it, so I'd have an excuse to record it as I had intended it to sound. So that's what I did Monday morning after I lugged several hundred pounds of equipment up 4 flights of stairs from my car and set everything up again...and it came out exactly as planned! I'm quite happy with it, so I hope you enjoy (or if you were in attendance, continue to enjoy)
   I still haven't figured out how to embed the soundcloud player into these posts, so I'll just post the link right below...



  Don't forget to download a free copy while it's available (little downward arrow in the top of the player). Well, I'm off to work on the next set, and some original tracks. Tell next time party people. Enjoy the mix, be well, & keep dancing...Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment