Monday, June 6, 2011

Some Viral Catch-up: Amon Tobin, Pogo, Lonely Island, and a little Carlton

   Happy Monday everybody! I hope you all have had a wonderful time in the beautiful weather we've been having (minus a couple tornados here in Mass = WTF!?)

   So I thought I'd bring it back today with some fine pieces of YouTube that I'd like to share with you. We've got a little bit of everything, and a lot of it...so let's get right down to it. shall we?
 
   First up is the extended trailer for the live tour/audio-visual experience that is Amon Tobin's new album ISAM.  For those of you that don't know Amon Tobin, he's an electronic musician from the UK, whose musical creativity rivals some of the best in history (Spoiler: I plan on doing Amon as my next Artist Spotlight in the coming weeks). If you've never heard his music before...here's your intro. If you have...enjoy. But in any case, prepare yourself for a visual spectacle! I'll let the video explain more...


   Simply stunning...More footage, and some audience reviews from the first show you say? By all means...


  I'm going to be keeping my fingers crossed, that he will be adding some US tour dates to his list that currently only includes European dates...or that a ticket to Brussels + a ticket to the (mostly likely sold out) show fall into my lap in the next few days...Here's hoping.
  
   Next is an artist I've previously spotlighted (spotlit?), Pogo. Freshly back from Bhutan (which is his next 'Remix the World' project), he's returned to what he does better than anyone else I know of, chopping up and remixing movies. Here are his two latest videos, The Lord of the Rings & HR Pufnstuf.



   We now move on to what has to be the funniest music group in quite some time, The Lonely Island. They're on top of their game, back with an other hilarious album full of celebrity features and cameos.
   We'll start it off with an amazing new "club banga" featuring the Legendary....Michael Bolton.


   I literally had this track stuck in my head for days! And btw, I now have INFINITELY more respect for Michael Bolton. That video totally brought his cool-o-meter reading off the charts.
   Next up is the new SNL short from three weekends ago. Dick in a Box pt. 3...here's 3 Way (The Golden Rule)

  
   This track might have sounded familiar if you've checked out my latest mix...at 27 mins. this was the track I mashed-up specifically for that night. The video is completely amazing as usual...to be honest though, 1992 me is kinda jealous of those 5 tone jackets...Looks SO Boss!
   Last up from The Lonely Island is a video they posted up last night about Jorma's trip to Kenya, and the sick new video he did with local hip hop artist Rabbit. Check it.


   Really cool video...going to be checking out Spin the Globe...

   I had to save the best for the last, as you might imagine...I give you, a very young Alfonso Ribeiro and his 1985 infom definitely ercial for "Alfonso's Breakin' & Poppin' Book"




   Hahaha....For those of you that don't instantly recognize Alfonso, there once was a show entitled "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" where young Mr. Ribeiro starred as the lovable Carlton (Warning: "Alfonso's Breakin' & Poppin' Book" does not include the signature {as of yet uninvited} move "The Carlton", and the number to purchase the book is currently out of order {I checked}) 


   I hope some of this gave you a laugh, made you rock out a bit, showed you something new, or at the very least brought a smile to your face. Catch you back here later in the week. Peace.


btw
"This whole town's a p*ssy, just waiting to get f*cked!" - Michael Bolton

No comments:

Post a Comment