Thursday, February 10, 2011

Random and Funny: Tablists & Dub Skankers

   Happy Thursday everybody! I hope this finds you having got through the middle of the week intact, and in good spirits.
   I was on the plus side of M.I.A. yesterday (being unavailable, not on the plus side of the singer M.I.A...that would have been awesome!) Just kinda out of it, busy doing some new mash-up, trying to write for the band, and not enough hours in the day to do the next "Music to Your Ears".
   But a few things I did have time for, was finding you some amazingly awesome videos to watch. Lets go!

  The first three videos I have for you today, are featuring 4 incredible DJs. This first one is a quick 3 minute video of DJ Sara and DJ Ryusei. Now, they're not mind altering amazing, but give them a break...she's only 9 and he's only 6!!! Check it...
Wow! To be honest, I feel a little weird trying to get technique from watching 9 & 6 year old Japanese DJs. Too Cool though.

   Keeping with the Japanese DJ theme, he's one of the best sets ever spun...ever! by the legendary DJ Kentaro.
This was the DMC DJ World Championship winning set from 2002, performed as an encore at a live show in Japan in '08. So damn sick!

   Speaking of DMC world winning DJs, here's last years winner DJ Rafik, playing with the Traktor Scratch Pro set up, and my next toy, the Traktor X1 controller...check it
I'd never heard of him before I found this video, but he's nasty...and so is that damn controller! Ya, that slim lookin' thing next to the right turntable that he was crankin' on...that'll be my'n (hopefully) soon.

   Switching gears, what goes awesome with great music? Dancing of course! So heres a few awesome clips of relatively awesome dancers...
  SaladUK on youtube, creates amazing chopped videos of people unintentionally "skanking" to dubstep. Here's David Brent on "The Office" gettin' down to the dubstep sound...

Here's their coverage of "The Great Iranian 'Skank-Off' of 1991"

And lastly, heres their 1 year anniversary video of Mr. "Double Dream Hands" himself John Jacobson, skankin' out...


   I'll leave you with this completely un-musically-related video of the UFO sighting over Jerusalem at the Temple Mount late last month. 3 different videos...what do you think? Real?

   Well, catch you all tomorrow with another awesome Artist Spotlight. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment